The Who, What, Where, When and How of Leadership Training
Since we’ve had a number of phone calls and emails about Leadership Training (LT), we thought it might be helpful to try to explain it this way.
Who should attend LT? Often, churches send 1 or 2 leadership women to LT. This year, since you will save money on travel and hotel, consider providing this opportunity for your entire leadership team. (A few churches have requested the opportunity to make it available to all of the women in their church.) Our topic will be the Covenant and this will be rich teaching that will be beneficial to the women in your church.
What/Where and When is Virtual Leadership Training? CDM has been hosting Leadership Training for over 30 years, and in the past several years we have exceeded our capacity and had to turn many women away. This year, with the uncertainty of COVID, we made the decision to “go virtual.” While we would much rather be in person, we made the decision to have LT because we think it is very important, and we rejoice that this gives many more women the opportunity to “attend”! For 2021 you will be able to:
- Join us for Launch Weekend on February 18-20, 2021. This will include:
o Thursday, Feb. 18, 7:30-9:00 pm EST – LIVE programming via a special link via a Zoom Webinar that we send, featuring Karen Hodge as the emcee, some surprise guests, giveaways, and a keynote speaker.
o Friday, Feb. 19, 7:30-9:00 pm EST – More LIVE programming similar to Thursday evening, including a keynote speaker.
o Saturday, Feb. 20, 9:00-11:30 am EST – LIVE programming with a keynote speaker, as well as the ability to go into a small group by Region.
- You will then have access to all 5 keynote sessions, all of the workshops, and the ability to join with any (or all) of the Affinity Groups and an additional Regional Gathering…all until May 18, 2021. (Even if you aren’t available for Launch Weekend, you will be able to view all of the material until May 18.)
- You will also receive weekly emails with encouraging and valuable information from Karen Hodge from February 18 to May 18.
How do I gain access to Leadership Training?
- If you would like to participate, please register as an individual for $150 by going to womensleadership.pcacdm.org.
- However, we know that it’s better to join with others, so gather women from your church and participate together. The cost is $125/person if there are 2-7, and $100/person if there are 8 or more. CDM can invoice your church directly by calling Tim Schirm, 678-825-1112.
- Once you sign up, you will receive a code to have full access to the site. You can view the material in multiple ways. Here are some ways we’ve heard women are planning to join together:
o Gather together (socially distanced) on Launch Weekend, and then set up a schedule to watch the remaining videos each Wednesday evening.
o Rent an Airbnb for the weekend and go through all of the material.
o Show the videos as part of your women’s Sunday School class in the Spring.
o Watch the videos individually and then gather for discussion (either socially distanced or via Zoom).
You do not need to have all of the names of the participating women when you register; we just need the number that will participate and you can add the names later.
- What is the deadline to register? We would love to have you register by February 1. However, you will be able to continue to register after that date.
- What is LT Premium?
- We know that some have expressed an interest in a consultation with Karen Hodge or one of our Trainers. This is available for $100 for 1-1/2 hours that will be with your leadership team.
- We are offering 4 additional small group classes at $20/person that will be held via Zoom and you will have an opportunity to interact with the teacher.
- Why is there a charge since everything is online? While it would be wonderful if we could offer this at no charge, CDM operates on the donations of individuals and churches, as well as income from conferences. There are many costs involved with preparing for this conference, including the website administration, Zoom accounts for hosting, speakers, and administrative work of the CDM staff.
- What do I do now?
- Please talk to your Pastor, Session, and leadership team about providing this unique opportunity for the women in your church.
- Register (you can add more women later).
- Gather with us for the next several months as you get to experience Leadership Training in a different format!
- For more information, go to womensleadership.pcacdm.org